Saturday, June 16, 2007

Half Time Show

Greetings all,

K.Rowe here with an update on the major posts I've got planned in the coming week. I'd like to thank Eyebeams, Blu and Sandry for taking the time to sit down and have some interviews with me. As part of my Second Life! The In's and outs series. ~No...I just made that up but it does sound cool.~ The interviews do help to give people unbiased info and opinions on whats going on in and around second life.
My first interview was with Eyebeams, a member of the Educational Uk team. Here's a breif preview.
[14:35] Eyebeams Electricteeth: Only 3 weeks now but have had an av (another one) for over 2 years [14:35] MediaGridKamal Beck: Wow...very impressive two years! So I'm assuming you've been in Sl since almost the begining? [14:36] Eyebeams Electricteeth: Only in so far as I downloaded the av - I did nothing with it [14:36] Eyebeams Electricteeth: I didn't see the need until the Best Practices in Education in SL that's what drew me in [14:37] MediaGridKamal Beck: Ah, thats actually a very good lead into my next question. So your with the Education Uk program. Would you happen to know what started it and also how did you become interested and involved? [14:38] Eyebeams Electricteeth: Well basically I blundered around the first time in SL in the conference - it was a bit of a culture shock but then I'm an early adopter and I'm used to those [14:38] Eyebeams Electricteeth: I went to the Stateside EduIslands first [14:39] Eyebeams Electricteeth: and then using the search facility came here [14:39] Eyebeams Electricteeth: here* [14:39] Eyebeams Electricteeth: And as I knew some of the institutions I started to network [14:39] Eyebeams Electricteeth: Talked with Chris Eggplant [14:39] Eyebeams Electricteeth: and there was some synergy [14:39] Eyebeams Electricteeth: So I took out office space because I needed a base [14:41] MediaGridKamal Beck: Ah I see. Well Ive got to let you know. As a complete stranger to SL talking to you first was actually a pleasant experience. Of course the tie and starkly glasses helped as well

Please note that this is just the sample and I hope to edit the conversation so that it is a bit more visually pleasing. My next interview was with two up and coming business owners in SL. Sandry in purple and Blu in red. They provided a really down to earth look at SL and taught me a valuable lesson. Never judge a book by its cover; these high fashion ladies know how to relax and have a good conversation. Here is a snip it of the unedited convo.
[16:30] You: Ah I see. Lol well thats maybe the most entertaing join up story I've heard.
[16:31] You: So I'm assuming you've both spent alot of time in SL. To you, what is there to love, what is there to dislike and what would you like to see change in sl? Heck...if you could; what would you change yourself?
[16:32] Blu Sparkle: well...
[16:32] Blu Sparkle: :)
[16:32] Blu Sparkle: there are many facets of this world as there are in RL
[16:33] Blu Sparkle: I choose to "play" SL very close to how I live my RL
[16:33] Blu Sparkle: I don't participate in the seedy side
[16:33] Blu Sparkle: if I could change RL, I would change that
[16:33] Blu Sparkle: the "greedy", "anything for a buck" kind of attitude
[16:33] Blu Sparkle: but
[16:34] Blu Sparkle: I do find a genuine tolerance for all types of people here that is not necessarily present in RL
[16:34] Blu Sparkle: we seem to be more quick to judge in RL
[16:34] Blu Sparkle: here, it is more of a "play it how you want to" sort of atmosphere
[16:35] You: Very interesting. You do make a good point; and again have expressed a very unique point of view.
[16:35] You: What about you Sandry?
[16:36] Sandry Logan: i love the whole deal.... there is so much scope for creation and i see it as a place of opportunity
[16:36] Sandry Logan: for once i am in the middle of something as it happens... rather than a couple of years behind it

As you can see they both had very unique point of views. Trust me when I saw you wont want to miss either of the interviews. Hopefully in the weeks to come I can spend some one on one time with other members of SL.

Thats it for this halftime show. Please come back in a few days to read those interviews and more of my exploits in the world of SL. Until then I leave you with these images.
SL...wish you were here!
KungFu By Moon Light....~perhaps a new form of art...~

My avatars new look.~Kudos to my friend val for taking me item hunting and for bashing my fashion sence...purples the new black I swear it!~

No comments: